Author Topic: Wimbledon 2017  (Read 88 times)

JillyB

• Transcended Being
Wimbledon 2017
« on: July 03, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
It`s that time again !!  I just love it  and MacEnroe has already been on entertaining everyone.. Love him !! hahaha !

I was hoping for  another Murray triumph but as he has an injury, I`m not sure now. I`m looking at Djokovic and Nadal to do well and everyone seems to think Federer will be there at the end too but again, not sure about that.

A few of the younger ones coming up are looking really good so maybe we will get a nice surprise.  :)

After her horrendous fall , I`m glad to see Konta  back and I hope Heather Watson keeps up her good form.

Wawrinka has never won here at Wimbledon so watching him but grass isn`t his surface  but we`ll see.

The Road To My Heart Is Paved With Paw Prints

JillyB

• Transcended Being
Re: Wimbledon 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
Going great ! Del Potro went out today and Kyle Edmunds , all the big guns going fine. Gilles Simon went out today too and Pliskova in the ladies. Some great tennis. :D

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
Things going well and the weather glorious. The big guns going great , the ladies tennis is brilliant, I`m impressed ! Murray had me a nervous wreck...Why does he do that !!!

We`ll see what the second week brings ...Looking forward to it all after the enjoyment of the first week.

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 09:46:32 PM »
Brilliant tennis today. Broke my heart to see Nadal go out after coming back from two sets down but Muller played really well... he didn`t show a flicker of emotion the whole game... How does he do that !!

Murray and Konta through really well and the ladies tennis has been exceptional. Konta plays Halep next which should be a good match...Don`t know whether Konta can beat her but we`ll see.

Roll on tomorrow ! ;D

Just a little mention of the  Cricket....Joe Root doing brilliantly....England forever !!

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
Oh wow !!! Jo Konta....give that girl a medal !! What a brilliant match. Great tennis from both girls, enjoyed it so much ! Konta v Williams next...Woo hoo !!

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
Oh what a sad day. Murray injured although he played to the end  and Djokovic injured too and retired... Federer going great guns !!

Konta plays tomorrow so I hope she gets through. I think she can beat Venus Williams but we`ll see.

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »
So disappointed that Jo Konta didn`t get through but Venus played really well. It should be a good final on Saturday with Venus v Garbine of Spain.

Jaimie Murray and Martina Hingis going strong in the mixed doubles , Heather Watson and partner a set down at the moment.

There should be some good  tennis tomorrow....Looking forward to it. :)

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »
Absolutely thrilled for Garbine  Muguruza . A new young champion !! She played a great first set, lovely tennis. Venus seemed to fade in the second set but Garbine kept her nerve and concentration to the end.. Well done !

We will have a winner and runner up tomorrow in the mixed doubles final , Jaimie Murray and Heather Watson playing against each other in the final , should be excellent !!  ;D

JillyB

• Transcended Being
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
Loved the fortnight. Yesterday`s final was disappointing with Cillic being injured. Federer has won 8 titles now which is wonderful but not forgetting that Martina Navratilova won 9 Wimbledon titles and it is hardly being mentioned .

The Brits have done really well this tournament , brilliantly in all the doubles matches. So pleased for Reid and Hewitt in the wheelchair final, they did a wonderful job !!

I feel deflated now it is all over... American Open next !

gopher

• Transcended Being
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »
My most enjoyable moments were watching Watson and Kontinen.