Author Topic: Sanders Continues To Electrify Crowds  (Read 862 times)

Mike

• Administrator
  • Swamp Hero
Sanders Continues To Electrify Crowds
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »
A good synopsis of what's going on right now... Bernie Sanders is just knockin' 'em out of the park while Hillary can barely find her way to the stadium.

Bernie Sanders Continues To Electrify Crowds. The Justice Department Has Clinton's Email Server. See The Difference?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/bernie-sanders-continues-to-electrify-crowds_b_7986804.html

The Sanders and Clinton campaigns are going in opposite directions, primarily because Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are the antithesis of one another. Although both analyzed the same intelligence reports in 2002, the Vermont Senator voted against Iraq, while Clinton called her vote a "mistake."

Clinton's foreign policy has been referred to as "neocon," while Sanders says "I'll be damned" if America fights Saudi Arabia's wars. Bernie is vehemently against Keystone XL, while Hillary has dodged questions and once supported the pipeline. Sanders voted against the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, while Clinton was against gay marriage in 2013 and has yet to elaborate specifically on why she "evolved."

As for the Black Lives Matter movement and its noble objectives, the former Secretary of State has for some reason has been able to evade her record on the topic of race. In the heated battle with Obama in 2008, one black Congressional leader stated the Clinton campaign was "committed to doing everything they possibly can to damage Obama to a point that he could never win."

Hillary Clinton also used a television ad in 2008 against Obama with a "racist sub-message" and for some reason waited almost three weeks to discuss Ferguson. Bernie Sanders, on the other hand, has a comprehensive racial justice platform (Hillary Clinton finally met with Black Lives Matter representatives after they were "barred" from her event), Sanders is approachable enough to even be protested in the first place, and is far more outspoken on matters of race.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/bernie-sanders-continues-to-electrify-crowds_b_7986804.html

gopher

• Transcended Being
Re: Sanders Continues To Electrify Crowds
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
Been googling him, he seems like a good egg.

Mike

• Administrator
  • Swamp Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:06:51 AM »
Been googling him, he seems like a good egg.

He's the real deal as far as I'm concerned. Do I agree with him on everything? Nope, but on a lot of things I do.

You can check Bernie Sanders' record back 30 years, and he's been as consistent as anyone could be. When most people hear what him speak they agree in large part with his plans and ideas. I think he'd make a good president.

gopher

• Transcended Being
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 05:59:41 PM »
Thanks.

toonine

• Swamp Master
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
How much actual power does a president have Mike.

Here our PM can send us to war, without the backing of parliament.

Is it the same for a President, can he ignore Congress, the Senate, and push  his own wishes?